The Royal County Beekeepers' Honey Show - 2010
Rules and Regulations
- Exhibits must be brought to The Community Centre, Navan on
Sunday 11th October 2010 between 11.00 am and 1.30pm. Judging
will commence at 2pm.
- An exhibit may not be entered in more than one class
- An exhibitor shall not be entitled to more than one prize in
any one class.
- Exhibits in class 13 become the property of the Association
and will be disposed of during the show to defray expenses.
- The decision of the Judge(s) shall be final.
- The Judge(s) reserve the right not to award all or any of the
prizes in any class.
- The decision of the show committee on any matter relating to
the show (except Judging) shall be final.
- A label or any other distinguishing mark may not be placed on
any exhibit, except Class 11. Numbers provided by the show
Secretary, shall be placed approx. 12.5mm from the bottom of jars
and with sections and beeswax one number stuck to the exhibit,
and one to the container.
- Wax may be exhibited polished or unpolished at the discretion
of the exhibitor.
- Entries shall be made on the form provided. Entry fee €2
per entry, except class 13 where there is no fee.
- Prizes will be presented immediately after the judging has
- Extracted Honey must be exhibited in plain round, straight
sided, clear glass 454g jars with plain gold lacquered screw top
or twist off lids.
- All honey and wax exhibited must be the bonafide produce of
the exhibitors own bees.
- The winner of a Perpetual Cup, Tray or Trophy may retain it
until the date of the Show of the succeeding year, on which date
he/she will return it cleaned, polished and in good order and
condition, to the Secretary of The Royal County Beekeepers
Association Honey Show Committee. All Cups etc. shall remain the
property of The Royal County Beekeepers Association. Should any
cup or trophy become damaged or lost during the time in which it
is in the possession of the winner, such winner shall pay the
show committee a sum of money to be decided by the committee. The
winner shall sign a statement to that effect.